New Chrysler Customer
5 Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty
Frequently Asked Questions
Confidence – How we want our customers to feel about buying a Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicle with protection under a 5 year / 100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty.
Commitment – We offer an exceptional level of value with this 5 year / 100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty. Even if you transfer the vehicle ownership to another individual during the warranty period, they get the same coverage.
- How do I know if I'm covered by the new Chrysler 5 Year /100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty?
- You are covered if you are the registered vehicle owner – retail or lease – in U.S., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. This applies to 2010 model year vehicles.
- When does the coverage begin and for how long does this powertrain warranty last?
- The powertrain limited warranty lasts for up to 5 years or 100,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start of the Basic Limited Warranty.
- What does the new 5 year / 100,000 Powertrain Limited Warranty include?
- The powertrain limited warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a covered powertrain component – engine, transmission and drive system – on most new Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles
- What powertrain parts and components are covered?
- Gasoline engine, transmission and drive systems (FWD, AWD, RWD or 4WD).
- Are any Chrysler vehicles excluded?
- Vehicles that are not covered under the new 5 Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty include Sprinter models and Ram Chassis Cab vehicles.
- Is towing included in the new 5 Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty?
- The powertrain limited warranty covers the cost of towing your vehicle to the nearest authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep dealer if your vehicle cannot be driven because a covered powertrain component has failed during the coverage period.
- How does a customer transfer the powertrain warranty?
- There is no transfer required.
- Why has Chrysler decided to make this change?
- Our customers are telling us they prefer a transferable 5 year / 100,000 mile no hassle powertrain limited warranty. Our warranty programs exemplify our investment in powertrain and our commitment to improved quality on all our vehicles. Chrysler stands behind our products.
- What is different from your Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty to the new 5 Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty?
- The lifetime warranty was not transferable and towing was not available. In order to maintain the lifetime coverage every 5 years a powertrain inspection must be performed by a dealer. The new 5 Year / 100,000 Mile powertrain warranty balance transfers with the vehicle, includes towing and no powertrain inspections are required to continue coverage.
- How does your 5 Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty coverage compare to your competitors?
- Our competitors that offer a longer-term powertrain warranty – Hyundai, Kia and Mitsubishi – do not offer a transferable warranty. Ford offers a 5 year/60,000 mile transferable powertrain warranty.