|300's rear-wheel-drive (RWD) system provides a whole new driving experience:
The all-wheel drive (AWD) system available on 300C, Limited, and Touring offers maximum driver control:
- A near-50/50 front-to-rear weight distribution, 120-inch wheelbase and wider track provide greater stability and a more balanced ride
- Weight transfer to the rear wheels on acceleration provide better balance and traction
- New short- and long-arm (SLA) front suspension and five-link rear suspension helps keep tire tread in full contact with the road for maximum traction
- Available features like the electronic stability program* (ESP), antilock brake system (ABS) with brake assist, and all-speed traction control combine to provide greater command of every situation
- Chrysler 300C AWD with the HEMI® V8 engine has the lowest Annual Fuel Cost of any V8-powered AWD Vehicle
- Provides better acceleration, especially when traction is limited
- Supplies power to both axles at all times-62 percent of the engine torque to the rear wheels and 38 percent to the front-giving the rear-wheel-drive feel essential for performance sedans
- A planetary center differential allows the axles to rotate at different speeds, necessary for smooth cornering
* Always drive carefully, consistent with conditions. Always wear your seat belt and obey traffic laws.
Based on the 2006 EPA Fuel Economy Guide Annual Fuel Cost estimates. Excludes other DaimlerChrysler vehicles.