All Chrysler Vehicles
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Brain Quest College Tuition Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) who are 18 years or older and who are parents (or legal guardians) of a child between the ages of 2 and 13 at the time of entry (hereinafter "Eligible Child"). Employees, officers and representatives of Workman Publishing Co., Inc. or Chrysler Group LLC as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, officer or representative are not eligible to participate. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Odds of winning in the Sweepstakes will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawings. VOID IN the Province of QUEBEC, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Sponsor: Workman Publishing Co., Inc., 225 Varick St., New York, NY 10014.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in disqualification from Sweepstakes.
4. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am Eastern Time May 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Time January 5, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
5. How to Enter: Go to brainquest.com/sweepstakes or chrysler.com/brainquest and follow the links and instructions for entry. Fill in your name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening telephone numbers, email address and identify the Eligible Child, click "Submit." Entries must be received by no later than January 5, 2013. Limit one entry per Eligible Child. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Selection of Winners: One (1) Grand Prize winner, One (1) First Prize winner, and eighteen (18) Runners-up winners will be chosen at random in a drawing conducted on or about January 10, 2013, from all eligible entries received. All winners will be notified by phone, mail, or e-mail by January 15, 2013. If the winner cannot be reached or does not acknowledge notification within five (5) days of the first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. The Grand Prize winner and the First Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility within ten (10) days after the notification date, or an alternate Grand Prize winner or First Prize winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries received.
7. Sweepstakes Prizes:
Grand Prize: One Grand Prize winner will become entitled to receive up to a $20,000 College Tuition Scholarship upon satisfaction of the following conditions for the Grand Prize winner's child: (i) graduation from high school, (ii) enrollment in an accredited college, university, vocational or technical school, art school or similar educational institution, in the United States or Canada, within two years after high school graduation, and (iii) attainment of age 17. The Scholarship will be paid out by Sponsor, on behalf of the Grand Prize winner's child, directly to the educational institution, in equal annual installments over the anticipated length of the education program (e.g., a student attending a four-year college program would be entitled to receive a maximum of $5,000 per year). The funds paid out each year will not exceed the tuition cost for such year. The aggregate funds paid will not exceed $20,000. The Grand Prize winner's child will forfeit all of or a part of the College Tuition Scholarship if he/she fails to meet the conditions stated above by age 21 or has a break in enrollment of more than one year in his/her education program. Before paying any installment of the Scholarship payment, Sponsor may require evidence reasonably satisfactory to it of the Grand Prize winner's child's continued eligibility in accordance with the condition of this paragraph. If the Grand Prize winner or the Grand Prize winner's child is disqualified or unable to collect all or part of the prize for any reason, the Grand Prize, or any remaining part thereof, will go unrewarded. Approximate Retail Value: $20,000.
First Prize: 1 First Prize winner will become entitled to receive up to a $5,000 College Tuition Scholarship upon satisfaction of the following conditions for the First Prize winner's child: (i) graduation from high school, (ii) enrollment in an accredited college, university, vocational or technical school, art school or similar educational institution, in the United States or Canada, within two years after high school graduation, and (iii) attainment of age 17. The Scholarship will be paid out by Sponsor, on behalf of the First Prize winner's child, directly to the educational institution, in equal annual installments over the anticipated length of the education program (e.g., a student attending a four-year college program would be entitled to receive a maximum of $1,250 per year). The funds paid out each year will not exceed the tuition cost for such year. The aggregate funds paid will not exceed a total of $5,000. The First Prize winner's child will forfeit all of or a part of the College Tuition Scholarship if he/she fails to meet the conditions stated above by age 21 or has a break in enrollment of more than one year in his/her education program. Before paying any installment of the Scholarship, Sponsor may require evidence reasonably satisfactory to it of the First Prize winner's child's continued eligibility in accordance with the condition of this paragraph. If the First Prize winner or the First Prize winner's child is disqualified or unable to collect all or part of the prize for any reason, the Grand Prize, or any remaining part thereof, will go unrewarded. Approximate Total Retail Value: $5,000.
Runners-up Prize: 18 prize winners will each receive an Apple® iPad®2. Approximate Total Retail Value $10,000.
For all prizes:
No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes or similar charges associated with prize receipt and/or use. Total Approximate Retail Value $35,000.
ALL POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's and/or winner's designated child's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. RELEASE: BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESCPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS COLLECTIVELY HEREIN, PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR: (I) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE MALFUNCTIONING OF ANY COMPUTER, CABLE, NETWORK, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (II) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INACCESSIBILITY OF ANY TRANSMISSIONS OR TELEPHONE OR INTERNET SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (IV) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; (V) ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ENTRANT'S COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE, OR THE INABILITY OT USE, THE BRAINQUEST.COM WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE PARTIES EXCEED THE TOTAL CHARGES SET FORTH IN THE ITINERARY GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OF INCIDENATAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of the state of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or any courts successors thereto in respect of any controversy which may arise out of or in relation to this Agreement or its performance and each party hereby waives any objections to such jurisdiction and venue; and (ii) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
The Facebook logo is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files and their arrangement herein are all subject to Copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution. Unless otherwise indicated, all marks displayed on Chrysler Group LLC Internet sites are subject to the trademark rights of Chrysler Group LLC, including each of Chrysler Group LLC's primary brands (Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Mopar), its model nameplates, and its corporate logos and emblems.